Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Why Stress Is Natural


People forget this all the time and its something that I would like to really bring to peoples minds, its okay to be stressed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, in fact its natural and healthy to be stressed at least once in a while. Try and remind this to yourself next time you are having a nervous breakdown and try and calm yourself down by telling yourself this. It really seems to help me whenever I am down. There will be times in your life when you will not know exactly what to do with yourself, the stress will be so bad that you will want to give up. Its a natural feeling and its completely okay to feel like this. 

Although its okay to feel helpless do not let it take over your life, I think once you finally accept that stress is a big part of your life then you can finally start working to better yourself. I remember when I was a young girl and I was helping my father get his car repaired. After hours and hours of work I began to get very frustrated at myself because no matter what I did nothing seemed to help. Finally I started crying and gave up right there. My father came up to me and told me that its okay to be angry and its okay to be frustrated. He told me to take a step back and reevaluate the situation and come back later when the stress is gone. I think I learned a very valuable lesson that day and I will probably remember that for the rest of my life. 

So the next time you truly feel helpless and the stress feels like its almost too much to handle, take a step back and reevaluate the situation. Try and figure out what is making you so stressed out and remember that its okay to be stressed. Just because you are frustrated does not make you a bad person or does not mean you should be upset. It should motivate you to want to make the situation better for yourself. 

These are the words that I live by, " Being in control of your life and having realistic expectations about your day-to-day challenges are the keys to stress management, which is perhaps the most important ingredient to living a happy, healthy and rewarding life" 

Remember these kind words the next time you are going through a tough time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment